If you’re looking for an above ground pool for exercise, the Fitmax iPool 3-D may be one of your best options.
Whether you’re looking to build strength and improve your health or get some spa-therapy at home, the FitMax iPool is a great choice.
Use it indoors or outdoors and enjoy it all year long!
AboveGroundPoolReviews.org FitMax iPool 3-D Rating: 4/5 stars
Do you have experience with the FitMax iPool? Share your rating here!
What is the FitMax iPool?
The Fitmax iPool 3-D, or the Infinity Pool 3 Deluxe, is an above ground swimming pool designed for exercise.
It has a small overall footprint (6 square meters) so you can put in in small yards or indoor spaces.
The iPool incorporates a 54″ depth along with an elastic band system to provide you with resistance as you swim in place.
If you’re looking to add a swim workout to your exercise routine without having to spend thousands of dollars on an in-ground pool or a annual pool membership, the FitMax above ground pool may be the right choice for you.
Fitmax iPool Features
The FitMax iPool features a lot of pool in a small package.
It’s total foot print is 6-square meters and requires a space of about 8.5′ by 11.5′ by 7.5′ (clearance) to install (roughly the size of a standard minivan).
The total dimensions of the pool are 7′ x 10′ x 54″.
The body of the pool is made of 5-layer vinyl coated PVC like you’d find in river rafts. It’s built to be sturdy.
The legs are zinc coated galvanized steel.
The entire iPool package includes:
- Stainless steel ladder that can be locked.
- Elastic band resistance system.
- 2500 gph filter and pump system.
- 11 kw water heater.
- Ground cover.
- Spare repair kit.
- Pool cover.
Two people can typically get the pool set up and ready for water within about an hour.
Fitmax iPool Customer Reviews
Most customers love their iPool.
Here are some of the positive reviews:
- Easy to set up and install – 2 people can do it within 2 hours.
- Great customer service.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Really great exercise and therapy tool – makes getting a swim workout easy.
While the majority of customers have had positive experiences with the pool, some have experienced:
- Faulty heater.
- Leaky liner.
- Making sure to set up the pool with a liner or padding underneath it.
- Getting set up for the 220v heater to warm the pool faster and more efficiently (consult a professional if you need electrical work to accommodate this).
- Use the cover when the pool is not in use.
- Clean the filter at least every 2 weeks.
Can you Heat the FitMax iPool?
The FitMax iPool can be heated as used as aqua-therapy treatment as well as exercise.
The included heater is designed to heat the water up to 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
The 110v version can take about 2-10 days to heat up the water to 80 degrees, and the 220 volt version requires about 2-4 hours to do the same.
To ensure the pool heats up as fast as possible, you’ll need to make sure the liner and the bottom surface is well insulated, that you use the pool cover when not in use, and you utilize the heater’s timer to keep the pool hot when you need it.
Insulation wrap for the FitMax iPool can be purchased separately.
Can you set up the FitMax iPool indoors?
The FitMax iPool was designed with indoor use in mind.
If you are setting up the iPool inside (a basement of garage are common places), you’ll need to:
- Ensure the surface you’ll set it up on can withstand at least 1 ton of weight.
- Have a way to drain water.
- Have a system to control moisture, smell and mold.
If you’re going to set up the pool indoors, customers have had success with:
- Use a well insulated cover to cut down on any mold or mildew issues in the space.
- Use a sand filter to reduce the amount of chlorine needed. (Or switch to a salt water system.)
- Install an exhaust/ventilation system in the space.